Speech Language Pathologist - SLP
Posted on: November 5, 2019
Symbria is currently seeking a Full-Time?Speech Language Pathogist
(SLP) add to our Rehabilitation Teams at Prescott Samaritan Village
and Prescott Valley Samaritan?Center, Continuing Care Retirement
Communities?in Prescott, AZ and Prescott Valley, AZ. ?For more than
20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work
environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care
to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute
settings.Position SummaryPatient evaluations and effective
administration of treatment programs, develop and implement
clinical and educational components of the Speech-Language
Pathology Program, actively participate on the interdisciplinary
rehabilitation team and contribute to community marketing
activities. Ensures compliance with all state and federal
- Review and evaluate physician?s referral and patient?s medical
records to determine speech-language therapy program required.
- Evaluate each patient?s current level of functioning using
approved speech-language/swallow evaluation techniques, tests and
observations, and prepare written treatment program based on
- Administer a prescribed speech therapy program to restore and
maintain maximum function and prevent disability using a range of
- Coordinate speech therapy services and information presented at
the interdisciplinary team conference with physical therapy,
occupational therapy and the nursing department.
- Assist in formulating of policies and operating procedures
necessary for the effective operation of the speech program in
conjunction with other programs in the community.
- Develop program goals and assess the need for clinical
equipment and supplies, and participate in budget planning and
preparation as described by the community.
- Assume primary responsibility for the management and
documentation of the patient/client program according to ASHA
Standards of Care.
- Monitor productivity and speech language staffing needs.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as
indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Maintain productivity standards.Work Schedule
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion,
you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client
community, provided the other community is within a reasonable
- Master?s degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited
school, and a valid registered license for the state in which
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology
(CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Understanding of communication disorders resulting from
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication
skills,?and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task,
prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer
service.?Why work at Symbria?
100% employee-owned company through
an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along
with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this
company!Competitive compensationESOP retirement plan401(k) & Roth
401(k) plansEmployee Assistance ProgramFull-time employees are
eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long
term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off
(PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.EOE?APPLPT
Keywords: Symbria, Prescott , Speech Language Pathologist - SLP, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!