Registered Nurse-Home Health-Brand new opportunity!
Company: LHC Group
Posted on: May 11, 2019
OverviewThe Registered Nurse RN in Home Health provides and directs
provisions of nursing care to patients in their homes as prescribed
by the physician and in compliance with applicable laws,
regulations and agency policies. Also, The RN Registered Nurse job
coordinates total plan of care with other health care professionals
involved in care, and helps to achieve and maintain continuity of
patient care by planning and exchanging information with physician,
agency personnel, patient, family, and community resources. All
done within a Point of Care setting.?LHC Group is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose:?It's all about
helping people.?Additional Details
- Provides clinical services within the scope of practice, as
defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Makes the initial and-or comprehensive nursing evaluation
visit, determines primary focus of care, develops the plan of care
within State specific guidelines, and submits accurate, complete,
and timely documentation, per policy.
- Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates (as warranted by changes
in condition but at least every 60 days) the patient's nursing
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments at designated time
points and develops the appropriate POC, in collaboration with
- Ensures patients meet home health eligibility and medical
necessity guidelines as defined by payer source.
- Initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions
to the plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other
health care professional's involved in care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines, as indicated by patient's
- Responds to outcome coordinator-coder and Patient Care Manager
requests for clarification to OASIS assessments on the same day
that the request for more information is sent.
- Plots patient encounters for the episode and determines needed
RN encounters based on patient's needs and regulations.
- Instructs and supervises the patient's family-caregiver in the
care of the patient and maintenance of a healthy environment forthe
- Actively participates in weekly case conferences.
- Maintains a current and accurate patient medication
- After start of care (SOC) assessment, reports the status of the
patient, assessed needs, and plan of care overview to the
teamleader on same day (or by next business day if after
- Observes, records and reports to the physician and/or team
leader the patient's signs and symptoms, response to treatmentand
changes in the patient's condition, as appropriate. Ensures
adequate Team Leader (TL) communication when physicianfollow-up is
- Communicates changes in visit assignments, dates of scheduled
visits, and schedule changes to scheduler and Patient CareManger to
ensure patient needs are met.
- Communicates timely and effectively with agency personnel and
ordering physician as required to process orders and OASISdata
sets, schedule home visits, and deliver services to patient as
ordered by physician and in accordance with applicable lawsand
- Facilitates hand-off communication to RN and PCM who will cover
patients in their absence, prior to scheduled days off.
- Performs regular and supervisory visits according to the plan
of care and submits complete visit notes within 24 hours
- Directly and/or indirectly supervises care provided by the home
health aides and licensed practical vocational nurses,
providesinstruction as appropriate, and assigns tasks according to
State and federal regulations.
- Participates in on-call rotation.
- Adheres to and participates in the agency's Episode Management
- Assists in the orientation of new agency personnel as
- Completes LHC required learning courses, additional assignments
per DON request, as well as any state specific requiredtraining per
state regulation-practice act requirements.
- Participates in the performance improvement plan and process to
ensure positive patient outcomes.
- All other duties as assigned.QualificationsLicense Requirements
- Current RN licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Drivers License, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle or public transportation.Additional State
- CA - One year prior professional nursing experience.
- LA: At a minimum, one year of clinical experience as a
Registered Nurse. One year of clinical experience as a Registered
Nursemay be waived for a Registered Nurse with recent clinical
experience as an LPN. RN licensure must have no restrictions.
- AK, AL, AR, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MS, MI,
MO, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY NV, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX,VA, WA,
WI, WV: No other state specific requirements.--
Keywords: LHC Group, Prescott , Registered Nurse-Home Health-Brand new opportunity!, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!