NSDUH Part Time Field Mapping Lister
Company: Headway Workforce Solutions
Posted on: March 11, 2019
Part-Time Field Mapping Lister
RTI International is seeking self-motivated and Detail-oriented individuals who enjoy driving and working with maps to work on a government-sponsored research study, the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH) as Part-Time Field Mapping Listers. This important study provides up-to-date information on alcohol, tobacco, and drug use, mental health and other health-related issues in the United States.
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals looking for Part-time work with a variable schedule that allows you to work independently and not be stuck in an office.
If you re interested in driving to an assigned area following paper maps and detailed instructions to create an accurate hand-written list of all household addresses within a specific area, this may be the job for you. This assignment is expected to last approximately 8 months or less, with part-time hours varying from week to week depending on the region to which you are assigned. Qualified candidates MUST ensure that activities are carried out in an efficient and cost-effective manner, the information recorded is of the highest possible quality, and all activities are conducted in a professional manner.
Ideal applicants will live in Prescott AZ.
Field Mapping Listers are responsible for:
* Completing fieldwork in one trip, making sure to have at least 6-8 hours of daylight to work in one or more assigned areas
* Successfully completing on-line training and certification on schedule
* Maintaining contact and working closely with your supervisor
* Adhering strictly to project and reporting deadlines for completing and returning materials, while maintaining accurate, up-to-date records of progress in the field
* Accurately completing all project documents including listing forms and reporting forms
* Completing all tasks in accordance with precise procedures defined by RTI International
Ideal Candidates have the following attributes:
* Ability to read and follow paper maps
* Ability to accurately complete paperwork
* Availability for short travel trips is a plus
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Must be at least 21 years old at time of employment
* Must have a valid driver s license and reliable personal automobile available for business use
* Possess effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
* Able to successfully complete electronic training and certification on schedule
* Available for field activity period
* Able to keep project information confidential
This position falls under the U.S. Department of Labor Service Contract Act (SCA). Hourly wage will be determined based on the county in which work is being performed. The pay rate for Yavapai County, Arizona is $16.63/hour. In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.48 per hour will be provided for up to 40 hours per week. You are also eligible to receive pay for up to 10 holidays and annual vacation time payout.
This position on the NSDUH project offers:
* Paid training and mentoring
* Paid mileage for traveling
* Access to 401(k) plan
Apply here to begin the conversation about this position. The position will begin in March 2019.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: driving or walking while documenting household locations; reading paper maps; creating legible handwritten lists of households; ability to work 6-8 hours per trip during daytime hours; effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Keywords: Headway Workforce Solutions, Prescott , NSDUH Part Time Field Mapping Lister, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!