Highway Milling Machine Operator
Company: Fann Contracting, Inc.
Posted on: November 19, 2022
Mill OperatorFann Contracting, Inc - Northern Arizonas leading
heavy-civil and heavy-highway contractor is searching for an
experienced Wirtgen W2200 and W250Fi Highway Asphalt Milling
Machine Operator to join our team! We offer competitive pay,
year-round hours, great benefits, company vehicle and more . Our
family-owned 60-year company specializes in mass excavation, rock
handling, underground utilities, private and public infrastructure,
asphalt paving, aggregate crushing, asphalt hot plant production,
and much more. Our projects include public and private entities
including ADOT, FHWA, BIA, city and county municipalities, private
residential and commercial developments. We are looking for
individuals who are committed to excellence and who want to excel
and advance their career. This full-time position is open
immediately for qualified men or women candidates. WHATS IN IT FOR
- We offer a substantial benefit package including medical,
dental, vision, paid life insurance, paid sick time, 401(k) and an
end of year profit-sharing bonus program.
- Starting pay depends upon experience but will typically range
between $26.90 to $32.00 per hour.
- Daily subsistence (TRAVEL PAY) of $63 to $73 may also be
available if you travel outside the Prescott area for work (ask for
- Pay periods are weekly with direct deposit - use your own bank
or ask for a VISA DEBIT PAY CARD (or get both)!
- This position includes a company truck.
- Free training classes include OSHA 10-hr. First Aid/CPR,
Excavation Safety, Confined Space, Lasers, Grade Checking,
Defensive Driving, Eq. Operator and Equipment Safety and much
more.Mill operators at Fann Contracting work throughout the entire
state of Arizona and may be required to be on their projects from 4
to 6 days per week depending upon many different factors. Overtime
is not only possible, it can be frequent due to project needs:
subcontractor schedules, delays due to weather, project time
limits, type of work being performed, etc. Candidates must have a
clean motor vehicle record with no DUI in the past 4 years. Job
location and travel times often require the Mill Operator to stay
on or near their project 95% of the time. Responsibilities include:
- Supervise, lead and train crew members on milling
- Must have valid drivers license and clean MVR record.
- Ability to safety operate milling machine and other heavy
- Travel within Arizona as required to and from jobsites.
- Oversee and execute milling projects from start to finish.
- Plan, Organize, and Coordinate daily activities with Project
- Understand and implement best safety practices as required by
- Performs maintenance on mill and other machinery to prevent
- Welding skills for making repairs.
- Coordinating with trucking division for milling haul
- Calculate quantities & time required to complete projects.
- Thoroughly document any issues with equipment, subs etc.
- Make reports and complete paperwork using a computer and
software such as word, excel and email etc.
- Set up and prepare milling machinery for mobilization to/from
job.PLEASE NOTE: All positions at Fann Contracting are considered
safety sensitive which generally means that these positions involve
some aspect of a heightened danger requiring an employee's full and
unimpaired skills and judgment to safely execute his or her job.
HOW TO APPLY: Please submit application online at
fanncontracting.com to get started.Physical address: 6725
Generation Lane, Prescott, AZ 86301.Mailing address: PO Box 4356,
Prescott, AZ 86302.Email: j o b s @ f a n n c o n t r a c t i n g .
c o mOffice Phone: 928-778-0170PLEASE NOTE: You may submit a resume
but an application is still required online at
fanncontracting.com.Fann Contracting, Inc. is an EEO/AA, VEVRAA,
Drug Free, and E-Verify Compliant Company. NOTE: Some
duties/positions may be non-smoking (fuel truck operations etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by
Keywords: Fann Contracting, Inc., Prescott , Highway Milling Machine Operator, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!