Company: Polara Health
Posted on: September 18, 2022
Full-time position (40 hours weekly)We Value Our Employees By
- Medical, Dental, Life, and Health Care Benefits
- Up to 3 weeks of PTO/sick time off plus 10 Holidays per year
Polara Health, Serving on the front-lines of mental health
treatment in Yavapai County since 1966, Polara Health (formerly
West Yavapai Guidance Clinic) is uniquely positioned to improve
access for people in need of high quality and affordable holistic
care. We are a beacon of hope, help and healing for over 7,000
individual and families and 1,300 children annually. Focused on
addressing the whole person through a client centered approach, we
offer holistic, transformative services that are tailored to
address the unique needs of each client, address the social
determinants of health and ensure coordination of care with loved
ones and other integrated service providers. Job Summary:Under the
supervision of Compliance and Human Resources, provides
administrative support to the clinical department chairpersons.
Initiates and follows through on reappointment process for the
medical staff and allied health professionals, making sure that
privileges and supporting documents are up to date and current.
Responsible for the medical staff file updates, CAQH updates, NPDB
updates and generating reports. JOB REQUIREMENTS: Minimum
Education: Minimum HS diploma or equivalent. Minimum Work
Experience: Three years of experience performing highly responsible
secretarial duties preferred. Required Skills, Knowledge, and
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Individual who is highly organized, detail oriented, and able
to handle a multitude of tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with the medical staff credentialing process and
- Excellent verbal/written skills, including accurate and concise
minute and report presentation skills.
- Knowledge of Joint Commission, federal and state
- Medical terminology knowledge.MENTAL AND EMOTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Handles multiple priorities
- Independent discretion/decision making
- Makes decisions under pressure
- Manages anger/fear/hostility
- Manages stress appropriately
- Works alone effectively
- Works in close proximity to others and/or in a distracting
- Works with others effectivelyESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Tracks which members of the staff are due for
- Collects and compiles reports and enters data from the reports
and reappointment file on to the physician profile.
- Sends references for peers and all affiliations and verifies
licenses(s), DEA, malpractice insurance, etc., with primary source
agencies in accordance with board of registration regulations and
- Tracks all reappointment materials.
- Prepares credentialing file for input into database. Researches
- Prepares reappointment credentialing files for review,
evaluation and approval from Board Committee.
- Assists department Chief and Director in preparation for
- Generates reports to be used by the medical staff office to
track physician credentials\
- Queries the OIG data bank and National Practitioner Data
- Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all
patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a
professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as
part of a department/unit team inter- and intradepartmentally to
facilitate the department's/unit's ability to meet its goals and
- Other duties as assigned.This position is considered
Safety-Sensitive by Polara health. EOE/Non-smoking facility.
Pre-employment drug screening/background check required. ** All
candidates must be able to obtain a DPS Fingerprint Clearance card.
It is the policy of Polara Health not to discriminate against any
employee or any applicant for employment because of age, race,
religion, color, handicap, sex, physical condition, disability,
sexual orientation, protected veteran status or national origin.
This policy shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion, transfer,
compensation, selection for training including apprenticeship,
layoff and termination. Polara Health further agrees to take
affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.
Keywords: Polara Health, Prescott , Credentialing Specialist, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!