Social Worker - (Family Connections Specialist)
Company: Arizona's Children Association
Posted on: May 11, 2022
We are looking for a Family Connections Specialist to join our
team in the Prescott office! The Family Connections Specialist
(FCS) supports generally complex and high risk families by
providing various activities to assist in supporting and building
resilience within the family unit through engagement in a continuum
of family-centered services that are coordinated, community-based,
accessible, culturally responsive, strength based and trauma
informed. The service is intended to strengthen family protective
factors, to reduce risk of child abuse or neglect, and enhance
caregiver protective capacities to ensure children are safe in
their own homes. Responsibilities include conducting needs
assessments, developing and implementing a service plan with the
family, providing family support and assistance, parenting training
utilizing an evidence based curriculum, and engaging families in
community services by making effective referrals, if needed. The
FCS may work in a variety of settings including the client's home,
school, or community. Who We Are:Founded in 1912, Arizona's
Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide
comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit
agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide
a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than
40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with
AzCA, you'll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated
individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting
children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.Why You'll
Love Working for Us:At Arizona's Children Association, our
employees are our most valuable asset; and as such we offer a wide
range of benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- All full time employees working 30 hours or more per week are
eligible and we offer several plans for each so you can choose the
option right for you and your family which includes:
- Medical provided by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, Dental
and Vision provided by MetLife
- We offer several plans so you can choose the option right for
you and your family
- Plans are effective the first of the month following 30 days of
- We also offer: Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings
Account (HSA), Life and AD&D, Short Term Disability and Long
- Employee Assistance Program provided by Cura Linc
- Employee Wellness and Support Time every Friday morning
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid
- 403B Retirement Savings Plan provided through Mutual of
- Tuition Reimbursement and DiscountsFind your passion. Join our
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct a thorough client/family emergency and concrete needs
assessment, utilizing the program specific protocol.
- Collaborate with the client/family through face-to-face
interactions to build trust, evaluate safety, encourage hope and
ensure ongoing engagement in services.
- Support the development and implementation of an effective
Family Connections' service plan using a strength based trauma
- Maintain objective, timely documentation reflective of the
service provided and the client/family's efforts toward defined
- Provide effective trauma informed crisis management by triaging
and stabilizing emergency situations.
- Effectively use de-escalation techniques, respond to the needs
of a client/family in a timely manner and provide follow-up
- Provide or arrange for transportation of clients to medically
necessary appointments as appropriate.
- Provide effective client discharge planning, including helping
the family plan and prepare for aftercare services.
- Maintain accurate records in accordance with the timelines and
- Maintain professional boundaries and ethics specific to the
agency and particular professional certification.
- Interact professionally, clearly and timely with internal and
external customers and community professionals.
- Represent AzCA as a trauma informed agency while staffing
cases, participating in meetings, providing consultation and
advocating on behalf of a client/family.
- Participate in in-service training and educational
opportunities outside the agency as required and as time and
- Attend and participate in all required meetings.
- Maintain consistent attendance and punctuality to provide
consistency in serving clients.
- Safely and effectively, monitor client activities.
- Be available outside of normal business hours to provide client
- Perform work and represent AzCA in accordance with our mission,
vision, values and Foundations for Success.
- Perform responsibilities and provide effective client support
with regular supervision and guidance/direction and refer clients
to supervisor or more experienced staff as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned, which are consistent with the
general responsibilities of the position.Minimum Education &
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years related experience in the child
welfare or behavioral health field OR
- Master's degree with less than 2 years of related
experienceMinimum Qualification & Requirements
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Possess a valid Arizona driver's license and be insurable under
the agency's automobile policy.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients'
homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance
requirements for the position. AzCA is an
EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employerAt Arizona's Children
Association we are passionate about creating an inclusive workplace
that not only promotes, but values and celebrates diversity. Our
goal is to create an inclusive workplace and culture to better
serve our children, families and community.Just like the uniqueness
of the families we serve, we strive to be diverse in:race, color,
ethnicity, national origin, culture, language, gender, age, sexual
orientation/preference, gender identity and expression, disability
and/or diagnosis, marital status, religion, status, or any other
protected status.AzCA does not tolerate discrimination or
harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Keywords: Arizona's Children Association, Prescott , Social Worker - (Family Connections Specialist), Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!