Visual Arts, Lead Technician
Company: Yavapai College
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Description of Position
Under the direction of the department chair, the Visual Arts Lead
Technician will oversee Woodworking/Jewelry/Lapidary/Welded
Metals/Sculpture. The Visual Art Lead Technician will also maintain
and grow the enrollment in Woodworking/Jewelry/Lapidary/Welded
Metals and Sculpture. This position will be based at the Prescott
campus, but may work at the Verde campus when needed. This is a
regular part-time position averaging 25 hours per week. Hours
worked may include nights and weekends.
* Cover 3D areas to build enrollment:
Woodworking/Jewelry/Lapidary/Welded Metals and Sculpture district
* Support adjunct teachers in 3D area with courses, syllabi,
Canvas, Quality Matters, new adjunct needs, first point of contact
for the program needs, help teaching team be successful.
* Assist department chair in credentialing, hiring of new adjunct
* Help with hiring, mentoring and training lab technicians.
* Initiate and update the curriculum as needed including creation
of certificates or program changes.
* Oversight of lab technicians and timesheets to be signed by the
* Equipment/studio/lab/budget oversight
* Be the face of the program to the college community and the
* Lobby for the needs of the program
* Coordinate open houses and marketing of classes.
* Attend YC Visual art dept meetings to help with recruitment
projects, scholarship selection, art installations and donor
* Develop and maintain a positive relationship with local public,
charter, and private schools in Yavapai County
* Report any changes to Advising.
* Maintain safety including implementation of re-entry plan.
* Work with facilities to assure the labs are operational
* Other duties as assigned
Minimum Expectations & Requirements
Two years of technical training or college
Two years of experience in the art field
Familiarity with safety procedures, precautions, and protocols for
experimental procedures in appropriate lab area
Preferred Skills & Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and
competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with
hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Keywords: Yavapai College, Prescott , Visual Arts, Lead Technician, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!