ANNOUNCEMENT OF EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Library Assistant Circulation
Part-Time Temporary Position - 19 Hours/Week
Flexible schedule Must be available for day, evening and weekend
Resume and Cover letter required
Pay Range: $12.15 per hour
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Deadline to Apply: 5/3/21
Provides excellent, front-line customer service, interacting
directly with library users at the Check Out Desk. Performs a
variety of clerical tasks dealing primarily with the circulation of
materials. Must be able to perform physically demanding duties
related to checking in, checking out and shelving materials in a
busy environment. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule
including evenings and weekends.
- Greets library users, answers telephone and performs a wide
range of clerical public contact duties.
- Ability to establish relationships with the public and provide
superior customer service in a professional manner.
- Uses library automated circulation system to circulate
materials to library users including checking materials in and out,
processing holds, registering borrowers, and collecting fines and
- Acts as contact person for library users inquiring about their
- Assists in department operations: opening and closing the
circulation desk, counting money, shelving books and other library
materials, and emptying book drops.
- Attends to public use of equipment such as self-checkout
computer and copy machines. Provides users with general information
about library services directing them to other personnel as
- Performs general clerical duties for supervisor and other
duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Education or experience
equivalent to one-year full-time clerical level library or customer
service/public relations work
Employee Core Beliefs
City of Prescott employees should seek to uphold the City's core
beliefs throughout their day-to-day business and with every
customer they come in contact with, both internal and external. Our
core beliefs are: Act with Integrity, Work as a Team, Have Personal
Commitment and Loyalty, Solve Problems, Take Pride In Excellent
Results, High Level of Productivity and Being Nice.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations and
handle money appropriately.
- Ability to retrieve, file and shelve books/materials and to
accurately maintain library records.
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System.
- Ability to learn and use integrated library software.
- Competent with computers in a Windows environment, including
Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Ability to keep to a schedule.
Physical Demands And Working Conditions:
Physical and Visual Ability: Sufficient to effectively and
safely perform required duties and to safely operate required
equipment and city vehicle as needed. Must be able to perform
physically demanding duties including pushing full book carts, book
bins and lifting tubs weighing up to 50 lbs. Must be able to
perform duties involving repetitive bending, reaching, stretching
and standing for long periods of time.
Hearing and Speaking Ability: Sufficient to clearly, concisely
and effectively communicate in person and over the telephone.
Successful candidate will receive a post-offer, pre-employment
background screening to include:
- Drug screening
- Motor vehicle records check
- Criminal background screening
City of Prescott Contact Information
201 S. Cortez St.
Prescott, AZ 86303
Phone: 928-777-1347 / Fax: 928-777-1213
PART-TIME TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES: Will accrue sick leave. NOTE:
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for
an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate
in any phase of the selection process. In accordance with A.R.S. 23
- 493, this position has been identified as "Safety Sensitive". The
City of Prescott is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.