Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Recreation Therapist is assigned to the Recreational Therapy
section in the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Role & Responsibilities :-
- Provides treatment interventions including the four-step
process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of
patient treatment services.
- Directs patient care and receives guidance from higher-level or
supervisory staff members.
- Demonstrates an advanced competency, which qualifies
him/her to perform patient evaluations and treatment
procedures independently on patients with a variety of complex
diagnoses and disabilities.
- Responsible for developing and organizing administrative
recreation/creative arts therapy programs to provide therapeutic
interventions to patients in various programs.
- Develops individualized treatment plans with measurable
therapeutic goals and objectives.
- Constructs appropriate evidence-based recreation therapy
interventions for treating patients with complex medical or mental
health issues such as Polytrauma, Post-Traumatic Stress
Disorder, Substance Use Disorder/Addictions, Serious Mental
Illness, and Hospice/Palliative Care.
- Review recreation therapy consults and conduct comprehensive
- Recommends adaptation, modification, and/or assistive
technology to meet the assessed needs and preferences in recreation
- Education or Degree recognized by the U.S. Department of
Education from an accredited school, college, university, or
- Bachelor's or Higher Level Degree in therapeutic recreation,
art therapy, dance therapy, or music therapy
OR a Bachelor's or Higher Level Degree in a
related field involving therapeutic emphasis or concentration that
includes a combination of abnormal psychology, physiology,
human anatomy and development, and/or disabilities and general
- U.S. Citizenship
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Completing an online on-boarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
- Program development and administrative aspects of patient
- Knowledge and ability in diversified recreation/creative arts
therapy treatment services; principles and techniques in
recreation therapy assessment and the treatment of recreation,
leisure, and biopsycho-social functional deficits.
- Proficient in written and spoken English
- Ability to adapt assessment tools and treatment
- Demonstrate clinical reasoning
- Independently interpret provider referrals and
consults, and apply all health and safety regulations to
minimize and mitigate risks in the provision of patient care
- Screening and evaluation techniques required to appropriately
provide direct patient care
- Applying evidence-based and best practice therapeutic
techniques and interventions
Physical Requirements :-
Regular and recurring physical exertions such as walking,
bending, moderate heavy lifting, positioning severely disabled
patients, assisting patients in locomotion.
Work requires specific, common physical characteristics and
abilities, such as above average agility and dexterity.
Work Schedule :-
Monday - Friday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Evolvinc, Prescott , Recreation Therapist, Other , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!