Company: Fork in the Road
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Do you love working the HOST position, in a great
Then we've got the job, for you!
We have restaurant openings:
In Prescott, Arizona, at Murphy's, Gurley St. Grill, and The Office
And in Kingman, Arizona, at Hualapai Mountain Resort, Kingman
Airport Cafe, and Mattina's
If you love having a job in a fabulous restaurant, this is THE
place for you!
You can also grow into one of our other Restaurant Jobs, or let a
friend know, that we have them:
Fine Dining Cook / Chef
We are always hiring Superstars in Prescott, and Kingman, AZ !
POSITION TITLE: Host/Hostess
REPORTS TO: Manager
Priorities of a Host/Hostess: The four basic behaviors of service
- Look at me
- Smile at me
- Talk to me
- Thank me
Position Summary: Graciously greet guest upon arrival, escort them
to their table, provide clean sanitized menus to them once seated
and inform guest of feature items. Answers the phone
professionally, giving information, taking messages and giving them
to the appropriate people. Supervises the seating of the dining
room in such a manner as to balance customers among the various
stations. Manages special seating request consistent with table
availability. Relays messages such as birthdays, anniversary etc.
to servers and manager as appropriate. Assist with the duties of
servers and bus boys as needed to maintain service effectiveness
and efficiency. Notes customers condition upon arrival, i.e.
intoxicated, inappropriate dress or behavior notify manager.
Awareness and concentration of the flow of the floor and customer
progress is very important. This enables the board person to keep
seating or wait list moving in a smooth, efficient manner.
- Responsible for the setup, maintenance of the operations of the
- Sanitize menus after each use. Make sure you are changing out
sanitized water every 4 hours
- Performs opening and closing duties as dictated by the
- Know the features and soup of the day.
- Graciously greets guest upon arrival. Escorts them to a table
(making sure they are close behind) or refers them to the host
stand if there is a wait.
- Answering the phone professionally by the third ring, in a
polite, patient manner is a must. At this time be prepared to give
information on; menu items, hours of operations, directions, any
happy hour times and specials, and reservation policy or take
complete messages as trained.
- When seating provide clean sanitized menus to guest. Takes
correct number of silverware rolls to the table or take away any
extra settings that need removed. Be aware of empty tables when
returning to the front of the restaurant so to keep seating chart
- Monitors the seating chart and waiting list to insure proper
timely seating of our guest.
- Assist the S.A.'s and food servers to assure customer
satisfaction and efficient service.
- Acknowledges guest as they leave, thanking them and making sure
their experience was positive. Communicate any problems to a
- Become familiar with menus, be knowledgeable about menu items
- Perform closing duties and check out with manager.
- Must comply with all safety precautions and procedures for
yourself and fellow employees
- Must comply with Az. Health Department codes and standards
along with our in-house food safety plan.
Pre-requisites: Must be able to speak and convey information in a
clear articulate manner. Must be able to follow dress code as
stated in the employee handbook. Must have an Az food handlers'
card must have slip resistant shoes.
Experience: No previous food server experience required
Physical: Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for
period up to 8 hours in length. A break will be given when working
an 8-hour shift. Must have the ability to carry and lift trays.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guest.
Keywords: Fork in the Road, Prescott , Restaurant Host, Hospitality & Tourism , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!