Director of Population Health
Company: Yavapai Regional Medical Center
Posted on: March 17, 2019
The Director of Population Health supports the vision of the Total Healing Environment and the values of respect, integrity, accountability, commitment and quality by working closely with Yavapai Regional Medical Center (YRMC) & Summit Regional Medical Center (SRMC) Administrations, YRMC PhysicianCare & Northeastern Arizona Regional (NEAR) Care Team administrative and clinical leadership, independent practices and the Board of Directors for North Central Arizona Accountable Care (NCAAC) to develop new healthcare delivery and risk management methods. This role has direct responsibility for leading and coordinating the efforts of all organizations to move from a fee-for-service reimbursement methodology to a value-based payment environment with an emphasis on population health management. The goal of NCAAC is to meet the triple aim of enhanced population health, improved patient experience and reduced per capita costs. The incumbent in this role will be recognized as the YRMC subject matter expert on population health focused on quality and cost.
* Bachelor's degree in nursing, public health, healthcare, business or directly related field and two years of accountable care, population health management, case management or similar experience. May consider an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Demonstrated experience with clinical-effectiveness research, evidence-based medicine and emerging models of population health management
* Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, prioritize and manage multiple ongoing, concurrent projects
* Working knowledge of statistical analysis and use of data to study and improve process performance and reduce variation
* Basic understanding of report writing and the analytical development process
* Able to lead and work in collaboration with a board and senior management team in a matrixed model of accountability
* Experience in preparing and delivering written and oral reports
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
* Knowledge of:
* Healthcare industry and operations within medical groups, hospitals and related settings across the continuum of care
* Major quality improvement efforts (PQRS, CORE and SCIP, HEDIS)
* Chronic care delivery models, such as the Wagner Chronic Care Model and the Patient-Centered Medical Home
* Value-based payment models, including an understanding of services impacted by managed care and health reform legislation
* All related government regulations in order to anticipate the likelihood of upcoming changes to be proactive in adjusting course if needed
* Master's degree (MSN, MBA, MHA, or similar)
* Must pass pre-employment screening
Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare provider that offers a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. Our healing network includes two full-service acute care hospitals, primary and specialty care clinics, the YRMC Wellness Center and the YRMC Del E. Webb Outpatient Center. YRMC's unmatched continuum of care covers a 5,500 square mile service area and includes cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, a comprehensive Women's Health Pavilion and Arizona's only Patient Blood Management Program. YRMC has earned numerous awards for quality and has earned national recognition as an exceptional provider of care. Our MissionTo provide comprehensive, high quality healthcare consistent with our communities' needs.Our VisionCreating a "Total Healing Environment" wherein the people of YRMC work in partnership with the patients and their families seeking peace of mind and peace of heart as well as physical cures or comfort because we understand the indivisible relationship that exists between body, mind and the human spirit. Our ValuesRespect: Behaving in a way that honors self and others.Integrity: Being consistent and honest in word and deed. Accountability: Following through and being answerable for one's performance.Commitment: Demonstrating dedication to one's work, personal development, the organization, the Mission and the Vision.Quality: Providing service excellence.
Keywords: Yavapai Regional Medical Center, Prescott , Director of Population Health, Healthcare , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!