RN - Registered Nurse
Company: Core Medical Group
Posted on: January 8, 2019
ICU RN Needed in AZ
1. General job duties. Types of procedures required.
2. Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) Cerner charting, Hill-Rom Sport beds, Pyxis med stations, Philips Monitoring, iSTAT POC testing
3. Required skills and minimum years of experience.
2 years of recent ICU experience; Basic EKG required, Advanced preferred; Experience with med admin barcode scanning/electronic charting, IABP experience if recruiting for the CVICU then current OHS experience on first post op day directly from the OR including rapid weaning from the vent.
4. Specific licensures and certifications/registrations required. (ARRT, CRT, BLS, ACLS, etc)
ACLS/BLS, AZ license
5. Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Weekends twice per month or every other weekend, Day shift 7A – 7P; Night shift 7P-7A. Minimum staffing is 2 staff per unit if a patient is in residence, will be RNs if > 2 patients in residence in the units.
6. Floating to other units/departments. (If so, to which units/departments?)
Floating in the Critical Care Core units ICU/CVICU/PCU. House wide floating per an ICU rotation schedule.
ICU nurses will float to handle like patients and two day CV post op patients.
7. Bed size/number of rooms for this unit/dept.
ICU – 8 beds; CVICU – 8 beds
8. Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only)
1:2 maximum for ICU status patients
9. Dress Code:
Scrubs except black scrubs
10. Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program.
Travelers will receive 2 days of orientation and instruction on beds, monitors, pyxis, iSTAT, glucometer, IV pumps, electronic charting, unit locations and layout, hospital orientation, Orientation to the Maquet cardiosave IABP if the candidate is experienced with balloon pumps. CVICU RNS will work with an RN on a fresh OHS patient to familiarize them with our process.
Staff are assigned to a home department ICU or CVICU but float to sister units based on patient needs and census.
NA staff are assigned in the departments as general staff to assist all unless called off.
CoreMedical Group has hundreds of exciting and rewarding travel assignments throughout the country for Travel Allied Professionals and Travel Nurses. Our clients are among the most prestigious healthcare facilities in the country.
As a travel allied professional or a traveling nurse with CoreMedical Group, you are eligible for some of the best benefits in the industry, including:
- Free Private Housing or a Generous Housing Allowance
- Health Insurance coverage, Medical/Dental/Vision
- $50K in Free Life Insurance coverage
- Travel Reimbursement
- Licensure Assistance & Reimbursement
- Matching 401K
- Referral Bonus Program
- Loyalty Bonus Program
- ...Plus much more!
Keywords: Core Medical Group, Prescott , RN - Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!