Acute Care Physician (Hospitalist)
Company: US Department of Veterans Affairs
Posted on: September 13, 2018
The Hospitalist (MD) must work cooperatively as a member of the Medical Unit team and demonstrate customer service principles in all aspects of work. The Hospitalist (MD) will perform job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital procedures, including telemetry monitoring and patient care-related procedures. The Hospitalist (MD) reports to the Medical Director, Acute Care Service Line, but must work in collaboration with the Medical Unit Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, Charge Nurse, Staff Nurses, nursing assistants, medical instrument technicians, and other Medical Unit hospitalists. Work Schedule: Full-time, Monday-Friday, (May be required to work evenings or weekends as a 24/7 Full-Time Physician) Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredBasic Requirements:
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below. Preferred Experience: Board Certified, Board Eligible in Internal Medicine is strongly preferred. Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office. Physical Requirements: Physical Requirements: Moderate carrying (15-44 lbs.); straight pulling, pushing, reaching above shoulder; walking (up to 3 hours); standing (up to 3 hours); ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously; near vision correctable at 13" to 16"; both eyes required; depth perception; ability to distinguish shades of colors; hearing aid permitted.None To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
- Resume VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
- Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs)
- Other Veterans Document
Keywords: US Department of Veterans Affairs, Prescott , Acute Care Physician (Hospitalist), Healthcare , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!