Travel Nurse RN - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - COVID19 - $2,000 per week
Company: Quality Clinicians
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Quality Clinicians is seeking a travel nurse RN ICU - Intensive
Care Unit for a travel nursing job in Prescott, Arizona.Job
Description & Requirements
- # Beds: CVICU- 12 bed COVID- 8 MS ICU- 8, PCU 14 (up to 20 with double occupancy rooms) All under the same
Critical Care service line
- Nurse:Patient Ratios: 1:1-2 In ICU per acuity/ staffing. PCU 1:3-4
- Required Certifications (i.e., BLS, ACLS): BLS ACLS
- Common diagnoses/Types of patients: COVID- manual proning, Low level neuro, EVD, DKA, sepsis, PN, ARF, CRRT,
rhabdo, post MI,, Detox, chest tubes, art line, SWAN( would like 3-4 on skills list for EVD, chest tubes, art line, swan).
Surgical (quite a bit post surgical), Impella, TAVR, cardiac surgical, VAD devices( some), STEMI, PCI, CEA, CRRT, IABP,
art line, swan, EVD. Travelers will take fresh open heart patients if they have that experience and can check of skills.
Nurses should be able to interpret ABGs.
- Experience or 'Must have' skills: CRRT- highly preferred experience, IABP- Highly Preferred to have experience. Must
have good EKG reading skills. Weaning/troubleshooting vents. Travelers will be working all areas so they need to have
- Are RNs required to titrate drips: Yes
- Common titratable &/or set rate drips: All critical care drips such as but not limited to: Pressors-levo, paralytics,
sedation- propofol, anti arrhythmics, dopa, heparin, argatroban.
- Charge Nurse/House Supervisor: Does the charge nurse take an assignment Try to have 2 charge nurses between
ICUs and PCU. They will do Rapid response and code blue response. They sometimes have to take patients depending
on staffing and census. House supervisor 24/7 with some exceptions.
- Are there nurse aids on this unit/Ratios: They have some available although the do get pulled often to PCU and med
- Hospitalist or Intensivist in house: Hospitalist in house 24/7 on West campus. NP supplementation. No
- RT in ICU 24/7: RT covers all areas but there is not one in ICU 24/7
- RT Equipment (vents, Cpap, BiPap, etc) Vents- (Nurses should be able to troubleshoot and help wean),
Glidescopes used during intubation and should be familiar with them. BIpap, cpap, HFNC, Vapotherm.
- Are there Tele/Monitor Techs on this unit Are RNs required to read their own strips What brand are the tele
monitors: Nurses monitor tele monitors. There are monitors in the rooms and at the nurses station.
- Shifts & Scheduling (Do you allow self-scheduling Block scheduling): 7-7, Schedules made 4 weeks in advance.
Some self scheduling but it is not finalized until the manager reviews and balances. First schedule will be filling in
holes. Can ask for trades with other staff. Typically don't allow block scheduling.
- Weekend Requirements: Every other weekend. They can try to accommodate every weekend if that is requested.
- Holiday Requirements : Winter holidays- 1 holiday and an eve of another holiday. Some holidays will be required but
will not work all holidays.
- Is there a call or standby requirement: If low census, traveler could be placed on call. Maybe 1 time in 6 weeks. No
scheduled call, would only be low census.
- Floating Requirements: Will be worked in the float rotation with core staff . Can float to East and work PCU. Possibilty
float to med/surg tele.
- Scrub Color/Dress Code: Any color professional scrub. No camo scrubs. Will be going to Navy in October.
- Unit/Department specific orientation: 8 hours of general hospital orientation. 1-12 hour shift on the unit with a
preceptor. 2nd 12 hour shift will have a buddy they can go to for questions. Unless special skills needing orientation.
Ex and open heart surgery RN or CRRT, etc and needs that checkoff.
Cancellation Policy:3 shifts per 13 week contract
License to Submit:Yes
Shift Notes:EOW, Holiday Rotation, Nights, Bedside shift report and hourly rounds are required and travelers are expected to comply. No more than 2 occurrences per a 3 month contract of calling in allowed- could result in termination. An occurrence can be consecutive days in row and counts as one call in.
Required Certifications:ACLS, BLSQuality Clinicians Job ID #d535046. Pay package is based on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation) with tax-free stipend amount to be determined.About Quality CliniciansWe are travelers building the kind of agency we always wanted, while still working assignments.We are transparent. Our clinicians are just as important to us as our customers.We only hire clinicians we'd be glad to work with on the same unit. If approved, you will get your own admin dedicated to helping you with everything before, during, and after each assignment for your entire time with us.--
Quality Clinicians is seeking a travel nurse RN ICU - Intensive Care Unit for a travel nursing job in Prescott, Arizona.Job Description & Requirements
Keywords: Quality Clinicians, Prescott , Travel Nurse RN - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - COVID19 - $2,000 per week, Healthcare , Prescott, Arizona
here to apply!