Travel Nurse RN - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - COVID19 - $3,100 per week
Company: Quality Clinicians
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Quality Clinicians is seeking a travel nurse RN ICU - Intensive
Care Unit for a travel nursing job in Prescott, Arizona.Job
Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ICU - Intensive Care Unit
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: 11/29/2022
- Duration: 13 weeks
- 36 hours per week
- Shift: 12 hours, nights
- Employment Type: TravelAs travel nurses ourselves, we
understand the reasons to avoid an agency you haven't worked with.
To reward you for giving us a chance, we'll include a $1,000 bonus
on your 1st paycheck, when you work your 1st assignment (of 8 weeks
or more) with us.Unit ICU-CVICU/ COVID/ MS - Campus
- # Beds: CVICU- 12 bed COVID- 8 MS ICU- 8, PCU 14 (up to 20 with
double occupancy rooms) All under the same
Critical Care service line
- Nurse:Patient Ratios: 1:1-2 In ICU per acuity/ staffing. PCU
- Required Certifications (i.e., BLS, ACLS?): BLS ACLS
- Common diagnoses/Types of patients: COVID- manual proning, Low
level neuro, EVD, DKA, sepsis, PN, ARF, CRRT,
rhabdo, post MI,, Detox, chest tubes, art line, SWAN( would like
3-4 on skills list for EVD, chest tubes, art line, swan).
Surgical (quite a bit post surgical), Impella, TAVR, cardiac
surgical, VAD devices( some), STEMI, PCI, CEA, CRRT, IABP,
art line, swan, EVD. Travelers will take fresh open heart patients
if they have that experience and can check of skills.
Nurses should be able to interpret ABGs.
- Experience or 'Must have' skills: CRRT- highly preferred
experience, IABP- Highly Preferred to have experience. Must
have good EKG reading skills. Weaning/troubleshooting vents.
Travelers will be working all areas so they need to have
- Are RNs required to titrate drips?: Yes
- Common titratable &/or set rate drips: All critical care
drips such as but not limited to: Pressors-levo, paralytics,
sedation- propofol, anti arrhythmics, dopa, heparin,
- Charge Nurse/House Supervisor?: Does the charge nurse take an
assignment? Try to have 2 charge nurses between
ICUs and PCU. They will do Rapid response and code blue response.
They sometimes have to take patients depending
on staffing and census. House supervisor 24/7 with some
- Are there nurse aids on this unit/Ratios: They have some
available although the do get pulled often to PCU and med
- Hospitalist or Intensivist in house: Hospitalist in house 24/7 on
campus. NP supplementation. No
- RT in ICU 24/7: RT covers all areas but there is not one in ICU
- RT Equipment (vents, Cpap, BiPap, etc) Vents- (Nurses should be
able to troubleshoot and help wean),
Glidescopes used during intubation and should be familiar with
them. BIpap, cpap, HFNC, Vapotherm.
- Are there Tele/Monitor Techs on this unit? Are RNs required to
read their own strips? What brand are the tele
monitors?: Nurses monitor tele monitors. There are monitors in the
rooms and at the nurses station.
- Shifts & Scheduling (Do you allow self-scheduling? Block
scheduling?): 7-7, Schedules made 4 weeks in advance.
Some self scheduling but it is not finalized until the manager
reviews and balances. First schedule will be filling in
holes. Can ask for trades with other staff. Typically don't allow
- Weekend Requirements: Every other weekend. They can try to
accommodate every weekend if that is requested.
- Holiday Requirements : Winter holidays- 1 holiday and an eve of
another holiday. Some holidays will be required but
will not work all holidays.
- Is there a call or standby requirement?: If low census, traveler
could be placed on call. Maybe 1 time in 6 weeks. No
scheduled call, would only be low census.
- Floating Requirements: Will be worked in the float rotation with
core staff . Can float to East and work PCU. Possibilty
float to med/surg tele.
- Scrub Color/Dress Code: Any color professional scrub. No camo
scrubs. Will be going to Navy in October.
- Unit/Department specific orientation: 8 hours of general hospital
orientation. 1-12 hour shift on the unit with a
preceptor. 2nd 12 hour shift will have a buddy they can go to for
questions. Unless special skills needing orientation.
Ex and open heart surgery RN or CRRT, etc and needs that
checkoff.Quality Clinicians Job ID #4d455407. Pay package is based
on 12 hour shifts and 36 hours per week (subject to confirmation)
with tax-free stipend amount to be determined.About Quality
CliniciansWe are travelers building the kind of agency we always
wanted, while still working assignments.We are transparent. Our
clinicians are just as important to us as our customers.We only
hire clinicians we'd be glad to work with on the same unit. If
approved, you will get your own admin dedicated to helping you with
everything before, during, and after each assignment for your
entire time with us.--
- Weekly pay
- Cancelation protection
- Holiday Pay
- Guaranteed Hours
- 401k retirement plan
- Medical benefits
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- Referral bonus
Keywords: Quality Clinicians, Prescott , Travel Nurse RN - ICU - Intensive Care Unit - COVID19 - $3,100 per week, Healthcare , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!