Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company: Common Spirit
Posted on: September 20, 2022
As an Occupational Therapy Assistant at Dignity Health Yavapai
Regional Medical Center, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed
between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health,
you'll help our patients regain their independence and quality of
life so they can safely go about their daily activities.
You'll work alongside our occupational therapists to carry out
patients treatment plans. You'll see a variety of patients daily
with issues in several areas, including orthopedic, neurological,
sensory, and cancer recovery, to name a few.
To thrive in this role, you must be flexible and adaptable. You'll
care for all patient populations presenting with a variety of
conditions. You need to be extremely organized and efficient.
You'll see many patients each workday and will be required to
document all treatments, and status changes. Most importantly, you
must be positive, personable, and motivating. While the entire care
team works to treat illnesses and injuries, therapists truly
motivate patients to get active and get better. It can be a long
road for some patients, and a therapist who remains upbeat and
energetic can make all the difference.
* Provide treatments to patients focusing on increasing range of
motion, strengthening, and maintaining balance during daily
* Document all treatments
* Seek help when needed; provide support when others request it -
this can include assistance with tasks, advice, and mentoring.
* Maintain a friendly and upbeat attitude to motivate our patients
to do their best.
* Graduate of an Occupational Therapy Assistant program
* Arizona Occupational Therapy Assistant License
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Healthcare
ProviderBasic computer literacy..
* One year of experience as a COTA in an inpatient rehab
Keywords: Common Spirit, Prescott , Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, Healthcare , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!