Company: Forefront Dermatology
Posted on: September 25, 2022
The Practice Manager provides leadership, communication, and
guidance to physicians, providers, clinic team leaders, and staff
in their clinic while promoting the values and mission statement of
Forefront Dermatology. Accountable for cultivating clinic
leadership, leading operational excellence, and delivering a
patient experience that results in the highest levels of patient
satisfaction and retention. Accountable for clinic-level economic
profitability and growth. Act as the primary communication liaison
between Support Services and the clinic, including but not limited
to corporate policy and procedural changes as well as clinic
- Analyze trends in revenue, productivity, appointments, workdays
and patient flow to maximize practice growth and provider
- Oversee physician and staff schedules to manage time off in
order to maximize patient convenience while also managing practice
expenses to maintain practice profitability.Leadership: Maximizes
clinic operational efficiency, customer service, and performance,
as well as physician and mid-level provider satisfaction through
Team Leader oversight: Weekly check-in for review of clinic
operations and planning for upcoming changes including but not
- Staff issues, development, and training, and work
schedulesAddressing physician, TL, and staff concerns
- Coaching on areas of team leader responsibility as needed
- Equipment or supply needs and / or issues
- Review staffing analysis and staff schedules for the upcoming 3
months presented by TL and provide direction as needed (minimum
once per month)
- Review office economic performance; assess opportunities to
better fill schedules and control supply and labor costs.
- Review Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).Support timely
collection of patient A/RCollaborate with ClinicLeadership: Monthly
meeting with clinic leadership team (Physicians, Providers, and
TLs) for review of clinic operations and planning for upcoming
changes including but not limited to:
- Review office economic performanceReview Key Performance
Indicators (KPIs)Discuss and address questions and concernsExtended
operations team oversight. Monthly TL meeting to:
- Present standardized companywide TL meeting topics and PP
presentation which include aspects of operational management,
customer service, compliance and leadership training.
- Discuss additional content specific to particular clinicProvide
TL with assignments to present at each monthly meeting.
- Review office economic performance; assess opportunities to
better fill schedule and control supply and labor costs.Review Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs).Clinic Reviews:
- Complete standard quarterly clinic review and written summary
report including but not limited to reception and clinic
operations, CLIA, HIPAA, OSHAMeet with physicians, providers, and
TL to review quarterly review report, KPIs and address questions
- Provides Forefront management with written report
- Every Friday, provide weekly email summary to physician advisor
and VP of Operations a list of the current week's accomplishments,
discussions and challenges and the upcoming week's
- Prepares for and actively participates in required management
meetings including but not limited to meetings with VP of
operations, physician advisor and other administrative or
operational meetings as scheduled.
- Is the liaison between Support Services and the clinic and
bridges the gap between the two to help improve support.Training
- Develops and keeps updated TL and Clinic staff training
materials in collaboration with RCMs and Support Services
- Develops content for monthly TL meetings in collaboration with
RCMs and Support Services managers.Human Resources/Staffing:
- Responsible for overall clinic staffing performance whether
completed themselves or through TL.
- This includes interviewing, selection, hiring, terminations,
performance reviews, orientation, training and time and
- Directly responsible for clinic TL orientation and accountable
for TL performance.
- Oversees accuracy of clinic staff work schedules and provides
feedback to TL as needed.
- Reviews staff time & attendance reports and manages issues as
- Ensures all staff are trained effectively.
- Ensures TL leads effective monthly staff meetings.
- Ensures team leader is effectively managing clinic operations
to the satisfaction of the physician and mid-level providers and in
accordance with company policies and procedures, values, and
- Responsible for completion of 90 day and annual staff
performance reviews for direct reports. Ensures clinic TL completes
staff 90 day and annual performance reviews on time.
- Provides coaching for TL on completion of staff performance
reviews and performance corrections with regards to objective
written or verbal descriptors of performance concerns, providing
constructive feedback, and accountable and measurable corrective
action plans.Ongoing Clinic Operations:
- Coordinates all aspects of new physician or provider
orientation and on boarding.
- Coordinates equipment, scheduling, and all other aspects
related to expanding or adding new services to an existing
- Ensures clinics are adequately staffed to provide the best
patient experience and supports physician efficiency.Patient
- Responsible for ensuring all clinic and providers deliver the
best patient experience for every patient.
- Ensures effective resolution of all patients concerns.Clinic
- Ensures clinic is compliant with HIPAA, OSHA and CLIA
requirements as well as meaningful use requirements and all state
- Compliance - Reports all compliance issues to the compliance
committee and helps ensures effective resolution of all compliance
issues and incidents.CLIA:
- Prepares for and participates in CLIA surveysAssists in
ensuring new policies and procedures are CLIA compliant.
- Under the direction of the Technical Supervisor, is responsible
for maintenance oversight of the quality control and quality
- Coordinates the scheduling and ensures that all Proficiency
testing occurs in a timely manner for each proficiency test system
- Coordinates troubleshooting actions with appropriate entities,
(Technical Supervisor, manufacturers, consulting companies) when
quality assurance, quality control, proficiency issues arise.
- Provides written Plan of Correction response detail to CLIA
- Provides staff re-education or discipline as appropriate.OSHA -
Performs annual OSHA inspection with TL and address relevant
- Maintain written inspection report in on-site OSHA
binder.Policies and Procedures:
In collaboration with RCMs, reviews and updates as needed all
clinical policies and procedures annually or more frequently as
Adherence to compliance and completion of compliance
training.Performs other related duties as assigned.
Successful completion of a registered nursing degree, preference
given to BSN.Two years of previous work experience in dermatology
or 5 years of related work experience or demonstrated excellent
team leader experience with Forefront Dermatology or commensurate
experience in any related health care setting is preferred. Must
keep current on state licenses and/or registrations to continue
employment. Valid Driver License and driving record that allows for
insurability by Forefront Dermatology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Demonstrated leadership experience. Must be able to demonstrate
leadership by serving as an example to others with regard to
professional behavior, handling multiple tasks, maintaining a
positive attitude, and in response to organizational
change.Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.Must
possess excellent leadership, organizational, computer, and
communication skills. Ability to work effectively and cooperatively
with staff, board, clients, and the public. Ability to multi-task,
prioritize appropriately, and work well both individually and as
part of a team. Ability to use time productively and contribute to
high levels of company operational efficiency and effectiveness.
Ability to maintain confidentiality of information.
Ability to communicate in an active multi-office environment.
Ability to efficiently operate all job related office equipment
(telephone, computer, calculator, fax, copier). Ability to
communicate via telephone & email. Ability to sit for large
portions of a workday.
Keywords: Forefront Dermatology, Prescott , Practice Manager, Executive , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!