Director of Human Resources
Company: Yavapai Regional Medical Center
Posted on: September 17, 2022
Dignity Health-Yavapai Regional Medical Center is a not-for-profit
integrated healthcare provider that offers a broad range of
inpatient and outpatient services. Our healing network includes two
full-service acute care hospitals that include outpatient service
centers and primary and specialty care clinics. We also have
advanced centers for IV wound and breast care.
YRMCs unmatched continuum of care covers a 5,500 square mile
service area and includes cardiac surgery neurosurgery a
comprehensive Women's Health Pavilion, and Arizona's only Patient
Blood Management Program. YRMC has earned numerous awards for
quality and has earned national recognition as an exceptional
provider of care.
The Director of Human Resources delivers the full range of
operational Human Resources activities within the facilities and
provides operational and strategic leadership to human resources
and executive leaders at the facilities. Additionally, serves as
the HR leader for the facilities, developing and ensuring all HR
functions and activities enable business success. Flexible and
hands on, the Director of Human Resources continually refines the
role of Human Resources within the facilities as a dynamic and
fully-integrated operational and strategic leader. You will be a
key member of and thought partner to YRMC's leadership team, and
report to the CHRO of the Southwest Division of Commonspirit
Principal Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides advice, recommendations and coaching to leaders on HR
and workforce issues. Leads employee engagement activities, advises
leaders on and ensures compliance with HR policies, procedures and
practices, and manages day to day employee relations.
- Provides direction and support to management with
interpretation of policies and procedures and collective bargaining
agreements. Provides education and advice on proper documentation
and/or legal requirements for performance improvement and
- Serves as an advocate for the employee, management and the
facility and encourages problem resolution through the chain of
command. Diagnoses and determines the scope of organizational
issues, leveraging service area and system HR resources to deliver
effective solutions to drive necessary cultural change and
outcomes. Influences operational outcomes that improve efficiency,
productivity and reduces cost.
- Advises management and ensures compliance with laws and
regulations pertaining to human resources. Delivers processes and
programs that ensure readiness and compliance in a highly regulated
healthcare environment. Functional Competency:
- Decision making and critical thinking: Knowledge of the
decision-making process and associated tools and techniques;
ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive
decisions based on informed judgment.
- Human Resources Operations: Knowledge of human resources(HR)
policies, operational processes and considerations; ability to
implement HR related tasks, processes, and projects to ensure that
day-to-day operations run smoothly.
- HR Legal and Regulatory Environment: Knowledge of federal,
state and local laws and ability to advise on laws and regulations
affecting HR practices.
- Human Resources Planning and Development: Knowledge of
policies, considerations and processes of human resources (HR)
planning and development; ability to plan and develop an
organization's HR operations in order to increase individual and
- Employee Relations: Knowledge of the rights and obligations in
the employee and employer relationship and ability to adhere to
legal requirements when handling employee negotiations.
- HR Policies, standards and procedures: Knowledge of human
resource function and ability to uphold the organization's and
industry's standards, procedures and policies regarding human
- Workforce Analytics: Knowledge of human resources (HR) and
workforce issues and trends; ability to analyze workforce data,
information and metrics and apply the results to support business
- Influencing: Knowledge of effective influencing tactics and
strategies; ability to impact decisions within and outside own
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree or a combination of
education and/or additional job related experience in lieu of the
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive leadership experience
in Human Resources is required. Preferred skills and experience:
- Healthcare experience is helpful.
- PHR or SPHR.
- Working knowledge of federal and state labor and employment
laws, FMLA, HIPPA, ADA, COBRA and Affirmative Action Programs.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, including
excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic acumen with experience building and maintaining a
- Desire to become involved in community activities.
- Familiarity with Google Workspace. We offer the following
benefits to support you and your family:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance (no premium for employee
- Flexible spending accounts
- Matching 403(b) retirement program
- Fully Funded Pension Plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employee Life Insurance
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Relocation assistance.
Keywords: Yavapai Regional Medical Center, Prescott , Director of Human Resources, Executive , Prescott, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!